LAW CLERK INTERNSHIP
For Credit (Unpaid) Legal Clerkship With Boutique Midtown Manhattan Law Firm
10 hours/wk. Where exceptional commitment and work performance demonstrated, a semester-based stipend may be offered for the following semester.
Who We Are:
We are a boutique firm rooted in assisting companies with matters involving US federal and state laws. Our practice areas include vape law, international trade law, cannabis and fashion law.
Roles and Responsibilities:
We are seeking an exceptional Law Clerk (2L) to provide on a semester-long basis to the managing attorney, research, analysis and writing support, in addition to performing organizational and law practice management tasks. The candidate will work on federal and state law matters, such as those involving FDA, TTB, US Customs, DEA, FTC, CPSC, DOT, BIS, OFAC and Dept. of Commerce statutes and regulations. Some state research and article writing/editing may also be required.
· Demonstrated ability to execute tasks successfully within prescribed timeframes
· Flexibility with, and ability to manage, several work assignments at once
· Experience with conducting legal research performing analysis, and summation of technical findings; experience researching various other subjects via online databases
· Ability to summarize data and make connections amongst data sets
· Experience with preparing reports and spreadsheets on data
· Ability to effectively research government databases and synthesize data findings
· Ability to summarize, outline, paraphrase or otherwise streamline complex materials
· Proficiency in Westlaw or Lexis, MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, social media and basic web design (e.g., Wix.com)
· Strong English speaking, reading and writing skills
· Solid time management skills
· Well organized and self-driven
· Have a commitment to getting things done
· Be interested in developing oneself
· Pay close attention to detail
· Eagerness to learn
· Solid listener who can follow instructions
· Ability to think outside of the box
· Sets a high bar for personal accountability
· Hold’s oneself to a high standard of excellence and professionalism
Our firm sets a high bar for accountability. If this position sounds like it may be the right fit for you and you are up for the challenge, we encourage you to apply.
To Apply: Email Cover Letter, Resume AND Writing Sample as PDF Attachments to email@example.com